Senior Systems Administrator for Columbia, MD
Administer, support, and troubleshoot an Active Directory domain in a hybrid environment of on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure and its supporting technology components. Help develop and maintain cybersecurity standards and baselines to ensure Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Compliance (CMMC) regulations are adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following; other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network, and firewall systems
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure emergencies as well as off-hour maintenance
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Local Active Directory/Azure AD administration.
- O365/Exchange online administration
- Sharepoint administration.
- VSphere and VMWare administration
- LAN/WAN design, configuration, and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP subnetting, etc.)
- Optimize internal network design to promote a strong network security posture
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Verifying the implementation of delegated aspects of the system security program.
- Conduct periodic assessments of authorized systems and providing the ISSM with corrective actions for all identified findings and vulnerabilities.
- Ensuring audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with the security plan.
- Assist in the development and on-going maintenance of the company System Security Plan (SSP) and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM)
- Construct relevant technology policies to ensure compliance with NIST 800-171, CUI and CMMC
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 5+ years related experience, and equivalent training, experience, and certification.
A+, Net+, Sec+, MSCE, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, VCP etc.
Advanced Technical Skills Needed:
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, LDAP
- Microsoft 365/Office 365/Exchange Online administration and support
- Microsoft server and client operating systems (setup, config and migration)
- Server virtualization technologies (VMWare Server/ESX and Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server)
- PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory
- Jira and Confluence use and administration
- Microsoft PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies
- Familiar with NIST 800-171 compliance requirements
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid and concise conclusions.
- Exceptional technical documentation writing skills
- Effectively communicate complex subject matter both verbally and in writing.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and be able to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies
Security Clearance: Active DoD security clearance or ability to obtain one required